This quick and easy chicken Parmesan recipe is a perfect weeknight dinner that is totally foolproof topped with melted mozzarella, zesty sauce, and crispy panko bread crumbs.
I’ve been making this easy chicken recipe for a long time because every time I make, my family loves it.
Sometimes I make the baked version and sometimes the fried version, both are pretty simple and easy… but yes, you can always opt for the baked version if you want fewer calories.
Many of us always get confused between the chicken Parmesan vs chicken parmigiana, you can check the recipe here, they are pretty much the same! The word Parma means – A hard, full-fat Italian cheese which is cooked and served over Parmesan cheese.
How to make baked chicken Parmesan?
If are looking for a high protein meal that is low in carbs then this baked Parmesan chicken is the recipe for you!
There are only a few changes in the ingredients that you need to consider, use panko bread crumbs instead of the normal one, use low carb cheese but believe me it will still be delicious if you make those changes.
What to serve with Parmesan chicken?
Just serve this meal with penne pasta or spaghetti or you can go for spiralized zucchini noodles to make a low-carb version. Serve alongside with minestrone soup or Caesar salad and the enjoy the meal.
How to make Parmesan Chicken?
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- spaghetti, for serving (optional)
- Pound the chicken breasts to flatten and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Take two bowls, one with the beaten eggs and other with bread crumbs in it; Dip the chicken breasts into the egg then to the bread crumbs, continue this process for all the chicken pieces and set aside.
- Heat up a skillet, once hot add butter and fry the chicken breast for about 10 minutes or until chicken starts browning and done.
- Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Now add the spaghetti sauce to the hot skillet then add chicken.
- Top it with slices of mozzarella and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cover and cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve over spaghetti and garnish with more Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley
If you loved All Chicken Recipes guest feature and want to keep up with his foodie hacks, then head to his blog and socials –
I hope you enjoyed my Guest Foodie Blogger – if you want to feature then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or find out more info here.
P.S Go check out DadGotThis Guest Feature from a couple of weeks back, here.